BUSINESS HUB KIRKLEES
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
, which sets out the terms on which we process any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us. By using the Site, you consent to such processing and you warrant that all data provided by you is accurate.
sets out information about the cookie used on this site.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
is a site owned and operated by Kirklees Council ("We").
• Business Hub Kirklees is an online business support platform that allows users to discover and post business opportunities and free events and connect with information relevant to individual business interests.
• When you register to become a Member (defined below), you will be asked to indicate your acceptance of these Terms by clicking the ‘I Accept’ button. In any event and whether or not you are a Member, by accessing or using the Site, the Services or any associated software, you agree to comply with these Terms. If you do not accept these Terms in full, you must stop using the Site immediately.
• The Site is directed at users resident in the UK only. It is not directed at any person in any country where for any reason the publication or availability of the Site is prohibited and we do not represent that either the Site or its content are appropriate for use or are permitted by the laws of all countries. If you are resident in a country outside of the UK you use this Site at your own risk.
For the purposes of these Terms, the following definitions shall apply:
"The Service(s)" shall mean the provision of access to content, information, material, software and any other services and functions provided through the Site as amended and / or updated from time to time.
"Member" shall mean the individual, partnership, company or other body applying to list their details on the Site or who has registered their details on the Site, including individuals or organisations who have registered and uploaded content.
"User" shall mean any individual, (whether or not a Member) who uses the Site for whatever purpose.
"Listing/s" shall mean all information of any kind displayed on the Site prepared by or on behalf of a Member, Videos, Documents, Profile Pages and all other information as may be posted on the Site by or on behalf of Members or third parties.
“Advocates” shall mean Members nominated/appointed by Business Hub Kirklees to give free advice to Members.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you and will take effect from the time they are first published on the Site.
CHANGES TO OUR SITE
We may update the Site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that the Site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
ACCESSING OUR SITE
The Site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that the site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the Site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason the site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Site.
You must be over 18 to use this site.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
• You hereby grant to us a royalty free, irrevocable, fully transferable, sub-licenceable, non-exclusive, perpetual and worldwide licence to copy, reproduce, store, process, modify, adapt, publish, display, distribute, incorporate, transmit and otherwise use your Listing or any part of it, in any and all media existing now or created in the future, as we deem necessary . Furthermore you hereby represent and warrant that you have all the necessary rights to grant such a licence.
• You agree to waive all moral rights in respect of the Listings, including the right to be identified as the author of the Listings and your right to object to derogatory treatment of the Listings. You agree to perform all further acts necessary to perfect any of the above rights granted by you to us, including the execution of deeds and documents, at our request.
• You hereby represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights in the Listings and warrant that the Listings will not:
Contain any misrepresentations, be unlawful, illegal, defamatory, deceptive, racist, harmful, libellous, offensive, distasteful, hateful, misleading or of an obscene or menacing nature;
contain viruses or any other programs or technology designed to disrupt or damage any software or hardware;
infringe the rights, including privacy and confidentiality and intellectual property rights, of any third party and that you will gain all necessary consents from such third parties before submitting any third party material to the Site;
cause any other member or user of the Site unnecessary distress, anxiety, discomfort, annoyance or otherwise disrupt a user’s use or enjoyment of the Site; or
negatively impact on the name, goodwill or reputation of Business Hub Kirklees the Site or our commercial partners.
You hereby agree to indemnify us and hold us harmless for and against any loss, liability, damages, costs and expenses, including legal costs, complaints, actions, claims or proceedings arising out of or in connection with a breach of your warranties in this.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the Site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on the Site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on the Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
NO RELIANCE ON INFORMATION AND DISCLAIMER
The content on the Site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain your own independent professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on the Site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on the Site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the Site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
The Site and Services do not in any way constitute investment, professional or trading advice and are merely a platform which is a means of communicating information provided by Members on the Site. Neither Business Hub Kirklees nor its agents or representatives are Authorised Persons (as set out in Section 31 of the Financial Services and Market Act 2000) and they do not provide advice or promotion of any financial nature.
• Business Hub Kirklees does not provide investment, taxation, financial or business advice.
• Business Hub Kirklees does not accept any responsibility for the results of any action taken on the basis of the information provided on the Site and all warranties, including implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose, non-infringement and accuracy are excluded to the full extent that they may be under any applicable law.
• You hereby acknowledge that the Listings have been supplied by third parties. Business Hub Kirklees does not guarantee the veracity, authenticity, accuracy, timeliness, completeness or fitness for purpose of the Listings and/or any other data provided by a third party. Users should always make their own detailed enquiries into every relevant aspect of the information. No responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of us for any errors, omissions or inaccurate information on the Site or its content (particularly the Listings). None of the information displayed in the Listings constitutes a binding offer capable of acceptance by a User.
• All information, opinions and comments within Listings are those of the Members and not Kirklees Business Hub and no liability is accepted for any damage or loss arising from any action taken by a third party as a result of viewing any Listing.
• All opinions and information on the Site or transmitted by Business Hub Kirklees to Members by virtue of their Membership are provided for information purposes only and are not intended to form part of any transaction or investment decision.
LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
• use of, or inability to use, the Site; or
• use of or reliance on any content displayed on the Site.
As a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
• loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
• business interruption;
• loss of data;
• loss of anticipated savings;
• loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
• any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on the Site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
• You are responsible for ensuring that the information (including the personal information) you provide when you register is correct and complete and inform us of any changes to that information. You can access and update the information you provide to us by accessing your Member account on the Site.
• You are responsible for all use of, and for protecting the confidentiality of the login details for, your account, and you may not share your login details with anyone. If you fail to comply with the above obligations, we will not be responsible for any losses you suffer as a result and you will be responsible for any losses caused to us due to such unauthorised use. You are responsible for all content posted and activity that occurs under your account whether or not you posted that content yourself or personally engaged in that activity. You must notify us immediately of any unauthorised use of your account or any other breach of security regarding any transactions that you make through the Site or the Services that comes to your attention. You must not use another Member’s account.
Members will be automatically registered on the credits scheme when registering for an account on kirkleesbusinesshub.com. Credits are awarded for using various facilities within the Site.
Credits are not redeemable for cash or any other form of credit and have no monetary value.
Members have no ownership interest in accrued credits and accrued credits are not the property of the Members. Credits may not be purchased, sold or traded in any other way and are not transferable except via the donation facility built into the site.
Business Hub Kirklees do not accept any liability for credit scheme accounts that have been sabotaged due to any actions of the account owner.
Business Hub Kirklees reserve the right, at any time without notice, to end the credit scheme or decline to issue any membership to the scheme.
Business Hub Kirklees can take any action we believe to be appropriate if we have reason to believe that you are abusing the scheme, including withholding credits previously accrued.
Business Hub Kirklees may modify the terms of the scheme in any way that we choose at any time.
YOUR USE OF THE SITE
• All information submitted by Members for listing on the Site will be truthful, honest and not intended in any way to confuse or deceive.
• Members should always be aware of the risks of disclosing confidential information and should always ensure that suitable confidentiality agreements in place before disclosing any information.
• We reserve the right to monitor and review Listings and to edit, modify censor, reject or delete, without notice, any Listing which we consider, in our absolute discretion, to be inappropriate, distasteful or contrary to these Terms. We do not however undertake to monitor, review, censor or screen the Site or any Listing and accept no obligations to do so.
• Listings will be displayed on the Site in the manner and format determined by Business Hub Kirklees.
• You agree that you will not:
use the Site in any way that may damage or disrupt another user's computer or do anything to disrupt, damage, impair, interrupt, slow down or effect the functionality of the Site save to the extent that such slowdown or effect on the functionality of the Site is a result flowing naturally from your normal use of the Site and/or the Services in accordance with these Terms;
use the Site for the posting or transmitting of any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind;
claim that your use of the Services implies any association between us and you or any other Site whether via the use of weblinks or any other method;
reproduce, duplicate or copy the Site and / or Services or sell or exploit the Services or any part of them without our express written permission; excepting material clearly identified as being available under the Open Government License (OGL);
impersonate another person or entity or create a false identity for the purpose of misleading any other User or Member as to the identity of the sender or the origin of a message;
use the personal information of any other Member for purposes other than establishing contact in manner reasonably expected; and
upload, post, host, transmit or otherwise make available unsolicited email, SMSs, or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any duplicative or unsolicited messages.
YOUR RIGHTS TO USE THE SITE CONTENT
• We grant you a limited revocable license to access and use the Site and the Services for their intended purposes, subject to your compliance with these Terms. If you use the Site in a manner that exceeds the scope of this license or you otherwise breach these Terms, we may terminate your Member’s account and revoke the license granted to you.
• Save as expressly provided in these Terms or permitted on the Site, you may not copy, reproduce, sub-license, republish, distribute, transmit, publicly perform, display or make available, alter, adapt, interfere with, create derivative works from, counterfeit or paste to any other website or webpage, by any means or in any manner, any content, information, material, software or any other items provided or made available on or through the Site and/or the Services, or do anything else with such content. You acknowledge that modification of any content, information, material, software or any other items or use of any of the same for any purpose not expressly permitted by these terms and conditions may breach our and others’ copyright and other proprietary rights.
• All answers and advice offered by Advocates shall be impartial, without obligation and without prejudice. By acknowledging these terms and conditions you accept that the Advocates service is a free consultation and there is no obligation on either party and no formal contract of services. The Advocates, Business Hub Kirklees and any affiliates accept no liability for providing this service.
• It is recommended that you consider the advice carefully and satisfy yourself as to whether the advice is appropriate for your circumstances before you act on it. Always seek advice from a third party if you are unsure.
• YOU MUST NOT offer specific financial information, information that is commercially sensitive or reference any third party by name during your correspondence.
• If you are seeking certainty and clarity regarding specific business advice, we advise you seek out paid counsel which will come with its own terms and conditions mutually agreed.
We do not guarantee that the Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access the Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Site will cease immediately.
LINKING TO THE SITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to the Site in any website that is not owned by you.
The Site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND RESOURCES IN OUR SITE
Where the Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and do not endorse such sites.
We reserve the right to terminate or suspend this agreement and / or your User’s account and / or your access to the Site and / or the Services at any time at our sole discretion without notice, and without liability to you.
Termination of your account will result in the deletion of your account and the forfeiture of all content in your account. Any person who holds such a suspended or terminated account must not re-register on the Website without our prior consent.
TERM AND TERMINATION
This agreement will remain in full force and effect while you use the Website. You may terminate this agreement by following the instructions on the ‘[account settings page]’. We may terminate your use of the Website at any time without warning
If you have questions, complaints or comments concerning the Site and/or the service please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com or on (01484 221 000) during normal business hours.
Thank you for visiting the Site.